Unlike other forearm crutch bags, the Krutch Kaddy attaches firmly to the crutch frame. There is nothing hanging from the handgrip. The bag sits securely on the frame between the handgrip and the cuff.
To use the Krutch Kaddy with Mobilegs or Ergobaum style crutches, we make a slight in modification to the crutch bag.
Please let us know when ordering so that we can send you the right modified version to fit your crutches.
Closed Cuff Style Forearm Crutches
1. Turn the plastic locking nut counter clockwise until it slides freely up the pole. Push on the push buttons located on each side of the crutch pole.
4. Slide the elastic backing over the hand grip frame and insert it into the hole in the elastic.
3. Slide the portion of the crutch pole located above the hand grip up through the elastic backing located on the back of your Krutch Kaddy.
4. Reattach the cuff to the crutch pole making sure the push buttons lock into place before using your crutches.
5. Extend the two straps located on the back of the Krutch Kaddy.
6. Loop each strap up over and around the cuff so that the strap loops back up onto itself and the two velcro sides meet at the back of the bag.
7. You may have some “extra” strap showing. Simply tuck it into the elastic backing as shown for added security.
8. Your Krutch Kaddy is now securely in place and ready to use.
Compatible With Most Closed and Open Cuff
Forearm Crutches Including
Mobilegs Style Forearm Crutches
1. Locate the rivet on the underside of the handgrip. While sitting, place the Mobilegs upside down with the saddle resting on the floor and the Mobilegs frame between your legs. Using needle nose pliers, grip underside of rivet and gently pry up using a side to side rocking motion. (a flathead screwdriver can also be used to gently pry up the rivet, use caution to not damage the handgrip)
2. Once the rivet has been removed, remove the hand grip by twisting from side to side while pulling away from the Mobilegs frame.
3. With the top of the Krutch Kaddy facing the top of the Mobilegs, insert the foot of the Mobilegs into the elastic backing of the Krutch Kaddy and slide it up to the hand grip shaft.
5. Replace the handgrip. Using the same twisting motion, push the handgrip onto the shaft until the holes for the rivet align.
6. Place the new rivet in the hole and either press into place with fingers or gently tap with the end of a screw driver.
The Krutch Kaddy is now securly attached and ready to use.
NOTE: This is a modified version of the Krutch Kaddy